ButterScotch PieFrom rodeogirl73 6 years ago
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie shell, baked shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated, egg yolks beaten shopping list
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cake flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 tablespoons Splenda shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg yolks.
- Combine beaten egg yolks, brown sugar, salt, flour, milk and butter in a double boiler.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Cool, add vanilla, and pour into baked pie shell.
- Make a meringue with the remaining egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar. Cover pie with the meringue.
- Bake at 350° until browned, approx 8-10 mins, check on pie in about 8 mins for browning.