Homemade Deep Dish Pie CrustFrom tooheymomster 8 years ago
How to make it
- In food processor, pulse flour, salt butter and vegetable shortening until in large crumbs.
- Add cold water; pulse until mixture starts to form a ball. (Do not overmix)
- Shape dough into round disc
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Freeze for 10 minutes until easy to handle
- Roll dough into 11 inch circle on floured surface
- Fit dough into 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate
- Turn edge under and flute
- Pour in filling and bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes
The Cooktooheymomster Springfield, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!