Pecan Crusted Catfish with a Peach Sour MashFrom luvthewho 8 years ago
- Peach Mash: shopping list
- 2tsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups frozen peaches thawed shopping list
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- Catfish: shopping list
- 4 filets boneless skinless catfish shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground pecans shopping list
- 3 tbs. butter shopping list
- 3 tbs. of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a sautee pan on medium high heat add 2 tbs. butter till melted add brown sugar till melted. Add peach schnapps reduce for 3 minutes. Add peaches and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cinnamon & nutmeg continue to reduce till thickened.
- Combine flour salt & pepper in bowl.
- Beat eggs & buttermilk in another bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs & pecans in another dish. Now you have your 3 step breading station ready.
- Heat 3 tbs. ob butter and 3 tbs. of olive oil in sautee pan medium high heat.
- Dredge catfish through flour mix, then egg mix and the pecan mix.
- Sautee for 4-5 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown.
The Cookluvthewho Belpre, OH
The Rating3 people
Has anyone ever said you were a genius.
This should be featured at a restaurant
michaeltrigger in loved it
Oh my goodness!!! "Be Still My Heart"....
This recipe must be the BEST ever for catfish
'Southern Style'...with a 'twist! the 'twist,
being, the "Peach" Mash!
Thank-you so much for sharing this recipe!
A "5 Fork...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This I have had before it I love this so much. You have my 5 fork rating
Michaeltrigger in loved it