Mashed Potato CasseroleFrom sugarbutterfly83 6 years ago
- 4 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks shopping list
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, cut into pieces, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives shopping list
How to make it
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough lightly salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes until chunky with a hand-help electric mixer. Add the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste and mix until smooth. Stir in the chives. Spread evenly in the baking dish and top with the remaining 3/4 cup of cheddar.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
- (The casserole can be prepared, without the cheese topping, up to 1 day ahead, covered, and refrigerated. If chilled, add the cheese topping and bake until heated through, about 45 minutes.)
The Cooksugarbutterfly83 Chicago, IL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!