Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Orange SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4-1/2 cups baking mix shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 baked medium sweet potatoes mashed shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Stir baking mix and 1-1/3 cups milk in large bowl until soft dough forms.
- Place on surface sprinkled with baking mix and knead 10 times.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Break each biscuit into 5 pieces.
- Butter rectangular baking pan.
- Spread biscuit pieces in pan then sprinkle with pecans and raisins.
- Beat remaining ingredients except sweet potatoes and sauce in large bowl on low speed until blended then beat in sweet potatoes and pour into pan.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir mixture in pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Serve warm with sauce.
- Make sauce by heating all sauce ingredients in saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes stirring constantly with wire whisk until slightly thickened.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!