Farmhouse Oatmeal Apple CrispFrom daisey11 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 TBSP lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 5 or 6 Rome apples or Jonathan aaples shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat bottom and sides of 3 qt. baking dish lightly with butter.
- Combine sugar,lemon juice,cinnamon and nutmeg in med. bowl and mix well.
- Peel and slice apples to about 7 cups. Add apples to sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spoon into baking dish.
- Combine oats,brown sugar,flour and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Add butter, stir with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sread over apples.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon warm apple crisp into dessert bowls.