Scrumptious Macaroons - 3 WaysFrom dariana 7 years ago
How to make it
- Variation #1: Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the egg whites and the salt in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy. Add the sugar a little bit at a time and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the coconut with a rubber spatula until evenly mixed.
- With a 2 oz. ice cream scooper, scoop out mixture onto cookie sheets that have been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan while hot to cool on wire rack.
- Variation #2: Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons
- Prepare the recipe as above.
- After the coconut is folded into the egg whites, stir in 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, and continue the recipe as written.
- Variation #3: Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- Prepare the coconut macaroon recipe and let the macaroons cool.
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips in the top pot of a double boiler over barely simmering water.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, dip half of a macaroon into the chocolate and place on the cookie sheet until set.