Chicken Lo MeinFrom elle 6 years ago
- 12 oz asian noodles (the refrigerated ones) shopping list
- 8 oz boneless chicken breasts, sliced thinly shopping list
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tbs sesame oil shopping list
- 4 Tbs olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 oz snow peas, trimmed shopping list
- 2 oz ham, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 Tbs oyster sauce shopping list
- 4 green onions, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the noodles according to directions.
- Rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- Slice the chicken, and add it to a bowl with 2 tsp of soy sauce, the rice vinegar and sesame oil, toss to coat.
- Heat half the olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Let the oil get hot and add the chicken.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Wipe the pan out and heat the remaining olive oil.
- Add garlic, snow peas, and ham to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles to the pan, and continue to stir fry till the noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining soy and the oyster sauce, taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and any juices back to the pan, then add the green onions.
- Give a final stir and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookelle NH
The Rating9 people
I love chinese food... This sounds great... will be making it soon..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I've made Lo Mein before, but never tried it with the slivered ham...Great idea! Thanks for posting this, Elle :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Fantastic recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it