Baked Artichoke Dip with Winter CruditesFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke hearts in water shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter,room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk, warmed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped, plus leaves for garnish shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- Sliced fennel, radishes, carrots, celery, and cauliflower florets, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Remove leaves from 1 artichoke heart; pat dry, and reserve. Thinly slice remaining artichokes; pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne, and simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cheeses.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 3 minutes. Add thyme, garlic, and sliced artichokes, and cook for 3 minutes. Add to cheese mixture along with zest. Transfer to an 8-cup baking dish. Top with reserved artichoke leaves. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake until golden and bubbling, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly. Garnish with thyme leaves. Serve with crudites.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Ok,a new addition to my SuperBowl Menu!noir in Boston loved it