Penne alla Vodka courtesy of Nigella LawsonFrom jakartainflames 7 years ago
- 1 good-sized onion shopping list
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 410g cans chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp double cream shopping list
- 1 kg penne rigate or other short, preferably ridged, pasta shopping list
- 125ml vodka shopping list
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- parmesan for grating over the top shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop onion, either by hand or in a food processor
- In large pan, heat the garlic oil and add the onion and a good sprinkling of salt
- Cook gently for15 mins without letting it catch and burn (so, stir it now and again, basically). It should be very soft and beginning to caremalize.
- Tip in the tomatoes and continue cooking for another 15-20 mins.
- Stir in the cream and take the pan off the heat.
- Now drain your cooked pasta and pour the vodka over it, adding the butter and giving a good stir.
- Combine the vodka-pasta with the tomato sauce and serve in a warm bowl with parmesan for shaving over the top.