Maple Nut BarsFrom irishiz 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour and granulated sugar in bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into bottom of greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Beat egg, brown sugar, syrup, melted butter and vanilla in a bowl until well blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is firm around the edges and slightly soft in the center.
- Cool in pan; cut into bars.
- Can be sprinkled with 10XX sugar.