Peanut Butter And Jelly CookiesFrom missj9 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft shopping list
- ½ cup white sugar shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky (I use Adams brand) shopping list
- 1 each whole egg shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup unbleached all purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- jam or jelly, according to your preference shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in peanut butter until uniformly combined.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until dough comes together. Dough will likely be a bit crumbly at the bottom of the bowl; just knead a few times to mix it in. 5.Wrap dough in plastic and chill at least thirty minutes. 6.Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Divide dough into ½ ounce pieces and roll into spheres.
- Place balls on baking sheet (greased, or lined with parchment or a Silpat) and smush to form discs about ¼” tall.
- Using your finger, a chopstick, or some other similarly shaped item, press a divot in the dough large enough to accommodate ⅛- ¼ teaspoon jam or jelly.
- Spoon preserves into the dough (I use a heaped ⅛ teaspoon).
- Sprinkle white sugar around the edge of the cookie, if you’d like a crispier finish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 - 12 minutes, or until edges are firm and golden.