Choco Custard-Cream Cheese PieFrom tcvillegas 7 years ago
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 2/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners suagr, sifted shopping list
- 4 pcs 3-ounce cream cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 TBSP Kahlua or coffee liquor of choice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar and egg yolks in a double boiler over barely simmering water. Cookby whisking almost non-stop, until mixture is thick and creamy. Scrape into a medium sized bowl and let cool, stirring occassionally.
- Melt chocolate chips over double boiler. set aside to cool. Stir briefly to smooth.
- Beat the cream till it forms soft peaks. Be sure to chill bowl and beaters before using. Add the confectioners sugar and beat briefly till stiff but not grainy. Chill.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese till light and creamy. Add the vanilla and custard mixture and beat till mixture is light and creamy. Add the chocolate and mix on low speed till evenly mixed. Add half of the whipped cream and fold into the filling until the mixture is evenly combined
- Por filling into chilled prepared pie shell, smoothing the top with a spoon. Cover with aluminum foil until filling is firm, at least 4 hours or overnight
- Just before serving, beat the Kahlua into the remaining whipped cream.
- Serve the pie with a dollop of whipped cream.