Beef RouladenFrom not2dvous 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb. bottom round, uncooked and sliced 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1 lb baby carrots shopping list
- 1 jar dill pickles, quartered shopping list
- 3 - 4 tbs. brown mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- toothpicks shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3/4 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat and add onion to sautee.
- Prepare meat by placing it on a flat surface, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and generously spread mustard on one side of meat. Add one carrot and one pickle spear. Roll each meat slice and secure with a toothpick.
- Brown the rolled meat on all sides in the skillet. Add broth and lower temperature to a simmer, cooking until carrots are done, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove meat rolls when cooked and make a slurry with the cornstarch and add to the pan juices. Thicken to desired gravy consistency.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and red cabbage (sweet and sour).