Blueberry Crumb CakeFrom marriage 5 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 3 cups frozen or fresh blueberries shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With cooking spray mist a 10 x 2 inch round pan.
- Cake Batter:
- Combine butter and brown sugar until light and creamy
- Beat in vanilla and lemon zest, then add eggs, one at a time, beating until somooth after each addition.
- Stir flour and baking powder together; with mixer speed decreased beat half of the flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Beat in buttermilk until absorbed, scraped down bowl and beaters.
- Beat in remaining flour and use spatula to give batter a final mix.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with blueberries, gently pressing them in.
- For crumb topping:
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Quickly combine flour, cinnamon, and baking powder, and stir them into the butter mixture.
- Use your fingertips to break up the mixture into small crumbs then scatter crumb topping evenly over blueberries.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, until well risen and golden.
- Invert cake ontoa large plate and remove pan
- Reinvert onto rack to cool completely
The Cookmarriage Apalachin
- Not added to any groups yet!