English Muffin BreadFrom leigh561 8 years ago
- 2 pkgs yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk, scalded and cooled shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon warm water shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (optional) shopping list
- 5 cups flour shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; allow it to sit for 10 minutes
- Add sugar, salt, milk, raisins (if your using them) and 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Beat until well blended
- Add remaining flour, mix well, cover and let rise about 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in bulk.
- Dissolve baking soda in 1 tablespoon warm water; stir down dough and blend in soda water
- Divide dough into two loaves and place in well greased loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about an hour.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to cool
The Cookleigh561 Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!