Portuguese Cacoila pulled porkFrom princesa9580 6 years ago
- 2 lbs pork, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 large onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (dried type or wet "Pemento Muida") shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup red table wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 to 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shopping list
How to make it
- Wash pork, cube and place in large pot.
- Slice onions and place in pan.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook at low heat for 1-1/2 hours; if mixture becomes dry, add 1 cup water and stir; DO NOT ALLOW TO DRY OUT! Continue to add small amounts of water as needed; Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Pork should be tender and break apart easily.
The Cookprincesa9580 *******, DE
The Rating4 people
...and I thought I had just about every version of pulled pork known to man!! LOL! Thank you for posting this, Princesa :) Welcome to the site!!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
sounds outta this world, sweetie.Zillachefzilla in Hope loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!