Lemon Filled Ginger SconesFrom pat2me 6 years ago
- 2 Cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 Cup sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbl baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 C firm butter shopping list
- 2/3 C buttermilk shopping list
- 1 Tbl fresh grated gingerroot shopping list
- 1/3 Cup of lemon curd from a 10 ounce jar shopping list
- Coarse (sanding) sugar or granulated sugar if you don't have that shopping list
How to make it
- 400 oven
- LIne Cookie sheet with foil and lightly grease (or use silicone liners)
- MIx flour,1/4 C sugar and the baking powder in a large bowl
- But in butter with pastry blender or criss-crossing two knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk and gingerroot until dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half
- Place half of dough on sheet; pat or roll to about a 7" circle
- Spread lemon curd to within a 1/2 inch of edge
- Roll remaining half into a 7" circle; gently place over lemon curd.
- Gently pinch edges to seal
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar
- Cut surface into 8 wedges, making cuts 1/4' deep, Do NOT cut into the lemon curd
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown
- Cool on sheet 5 minutes
- Remove to platter or dish; cut into wedges
- Serve warm
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
- Not added to any groups yet!