Chicken with Apple-Brandy Cream SauceFrom conner909 8 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour, shaking off excess.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides
- and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon butter from skillet.
- Add apples and both brandies; simmer over medium heat
- until apples are tender and liquid is slightly syrupy, about 7 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer apples to platter with chicken.
- Add cream to skillet; boil until thickened to sauce consistency,
- about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken and apples to skillet and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange chicken on plates. Spoon apples and sauce over chicken and serve.
- Good with rice or egg noodles.