Delicious Low-Fat LasagnaFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- One 28 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- One 15 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 15 oz. cottage cheese or ricotta cheese shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, plus 2 oz. to sprinkle on top shopping list
- One 10 oz. package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained shopping list
- One 24 oz. package of ready-to-bake lasagna noodles (use only 16 noodles) shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- Optional: One pinch of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat until hot over high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and green bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground turkey and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the Italian seasoning, diced tomatoes (with the juice from the can) and the tomato sauce; stir to combine and bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix together cottage cheese or ricotta, 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella and chopped spinach. Stir together and season with salt and pepper. Add a pinch of nutmeg (optional).
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread 1 cup of the sauce (from Step 5) across the bottom of pan.
- Add 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Spread 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture (from Step 6) or ricotta mixture over the noodles
- Top with 4 more lasagna noodles, spread 3 cups of the tomato sauce (from Step 5) over noodle layer.
- Repeat Step 8 and top with the remaining 4 noodles. Top with the remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place lasagna pan on a cookie sheet in the oven to prevent it from bubbling over onto the oven floor.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let pan cool 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Storage: The lasagna can be stored in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for up to a week.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!