Kens Chicken Cordon BleuFrom cjbarash 10 years ago
- 8 small chicken breasts, skinned and boned shopping list
- salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 thin slices boiled ham shopping list
- 8 thin slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 rib celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup mushroom gravy shopping list
- 1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces shopping list
- Kitchen string shopping list
How to make it
- Make 1/4 inch thick cutlets of chicken by pounding with mallet.
- Sprinkle each with salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Place on each a slice of ham and cheese.
- Roll, jelly-roll fashion, pressing to seal well, and tie each with kitchen string.
- Coat with flour which has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, brown chicken on all sides in butter.
- Remove to an 11 x 7 inch baking dish and cut string away from each roll.
- In the remaining butter, saute onions, celery and green pepper until soft.
- Add gravy, mushrooms and sauces and cook until thick.
- Pour over chicken and cover dish with foil.
- Bake one hour, remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
The Cookcjbarash Humble, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!