Jacks Smoked Salmon ChowderFrom mellybelly 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup diced onions shopping list
- 1 cup diced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 2 oz Jack Daniel's shopping list
- 1 1/4 lb diced red skin potatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 cups fish or vegetable stock (I used low sodium organic vegetable stock) shopping list
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs smoked salmon, cut or broken into small pieces shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a stockpot, melt the butter and sweat the onions, carrots and celery until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Deglaze with the JD. Add the fish or vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and a little salt and pepper (you will have to adjust seasonings at the end of cooking, the stock may be salty so don't add to much now). Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon, cream and chopped dill. Do not boil, bring back to a simmer, season to taste and serve right way.