Date Pinwheel CookiesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten well shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 cups chopped dates shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Cook dates and sugar in water until thick then add nuts and cool.
- Cream shortening and sugar well then add eggs mixing well.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda then divide into 2 parts.
- Roll on floured wax paper approximately 12” round and 1/4” thick.
- Spread with date filling and roll as jellyroll then chill overnight.
- Slice into 1/4” slices then bake at 400 for 9 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
I lost this recipe when my mother passed away Feb. '08. She made these every Christmas. She would make many rolls and freeze them until she was ready to bake a batch. Thanks for helping me preserve one of my mother's recipes.mannyman in lexington loved it
This recipe is like one that has been in our family for years. My grandmother, mother, sisters, nieces, and I all make these at Christmas. I have also seen this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook from the 1960s.lipsantos in Curitiba loved it
That sounds delicious!ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!