Badische Schupfnudeln Potato NoodlesFrom cheryilyn 9 years ago
How to make it
- Boil potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 25 to 30 min.
- When cool remove peels and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Mash potatoes with a rolling pin.
- Place in a bowl. Stir in flour, egg, parsley, salt, and nutmeg.
- Knead well to form a smooth dough.
- On a floured board roll out the dough to a thickness of about ½”.
- Cut dough into thin strips, about 1 ½” long.
- Gently stretch the noodles until the ends taper.
- Let rest for 15 min.
- In a large skillet, heat lard over med heat.
- Place the potato strips into the skillet, and fry until golden brown on both sides.
The Cookcheryilyn Salem, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!