Pasta With Sausage And Butternut SquashFrom chihuahua 9 years ago
How to make it
- Cut butternut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Peel squash and cut into 1/2-inch chunks. Set aside.
- In non-stick 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 7 minutes, stirring frequently to break up sausage. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl; discard all but 2 Tbl. drippings from skillet.
- Meanwhile, in saucepot, cook pasta as label directs in boiling salted water.
- To drippings in skillet, add butternut squash, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper. Cook, covered, over medium heat, about 10 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 C pasta cooking water. Return pasta to saucepot; toss with sausage, butternut squash, basil, parmesan, and reserved pasta water.
- Garnish with basil.