Moroccan-spiced Chicken With Rice BakeFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 6 cups cooked long or medium grain brown or white rice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika shopping list
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 2/3 cup raisins shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven 375º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE cumin, salt, black pepper and paprika in small bowl; sprinkle 2 teaspoons spice blend on both sides of chicken thighs.
- HEAT olive oil and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet; cook for 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- MEANWHILE, COMBINE cooked rice, evaporated milk, tomatoes, raisins, lemon juice and remaining spice blend in large bowl. Pour rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture.
- BAKE for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
- TIP: Boneless chicken thighs can also be used. Reduce bake time by 10 to 15 minutes.