In A Hurry Moo Shu ChickenFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 1 whole chicken breast (both sides, skin removed, bone removed) - sliced into 1/2" strips shopping list
- 1 cup fresh broccoli cut up into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion sliced into strips shopping list
- 2-3 scallions minced shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups of sliced thin savoy/Chinese cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup slices of green and red peppers (frozen strips ok) shopping list
- 3/4 cups of alpha bean sprouts shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 dashes/shakes of red chili flakes shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic minced shopping list
- oil for stir frying (preferably use Chinese typed cooking oil or vegetable oil - olive oil will smoke too quickly) shopping list
- 1 cup water plus 2-3 tablespoons of water shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy - sodium reduced shopping list
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce (in your grocer's market - but it is best to get the real thing from an Asian store or your local Chinese restaurant - the difference is really amazing - get the authentic stuff, really and makes a big difference in the taste of this dish!) shopping list
- ****Equipment Needed" shopping list
- Wok/or deep skillet, three bowls and hungry people ready to chow down, literally. shopping list
How to make it
- I noticed that if I did my vegetables first and removed them prior to doing up the chicken, the colors remained in the vegetables and were crisp, so we will be cooking them in that order.
- Have all your ingredients out and ready.
- Slice/dice/mince up all your ingredients.
- In one bowl, place your chicken and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, one dash of chili flakes, one tablespoon hoisin sauce, stir till combined and set aside.
- In second bowl, place one cup of water along with cornstarch, stir till well incorporated, and set aside.
- Heat wok with one tablespoon of cooking oil. Make sure it's super hot and ready by taking one piece of broccoli - if it's jumping around, your wok is ready.
- Put broccoli in wok and add two tablespoons water. Stir and cook for 4 minutes, till almost done and water has evaporated.
- Take out broccoli and put in bowl that you have the sliced cabbage in.
- Next grab that sliced onion, add a little more oil as needed. Stir fry till nice and brown. Place this along with cabbage and broccoli you had set aside earlier.
- Add chicken, stir fry till pink color is gone. Add garlic and let cook one minute.
- Bring back the cooked onions, broccoli and uncooked cabbage.
- Add all other remaining ingredients.
- Let cook for three or more minutes, stirring frequently, sauce will thicken slightly.
- Call hungry troops to table and serve with rice - voila and enjoy!
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!