Pollo Asado And Yellow Vegetable RiceFrom flanboyanteats 7 years ago
- Pollo Asado shopping list
- * 3 whole chicken breasts shopping list
- * 1/2 large sliced red or spanish onion shopping list
- * 4 smashed garlic cloves shopping list
- * 1/2 cup mojo criollo * shopping list
- * 1tbsp oregano shopping list
- * 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- * 2 tsp salt shopping list
- * 1/4 lemon wedge shopping list
- * 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Yellow vegetable rice shopping list
- * 2.5 cups white rice shopping list
- * 3 cups water shopping list
- * 1 lb. frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- * * if you prefer fresh vegetables: 1 ear of corn for kernels, 1/4 cup peas, 8 oz. small carrots, 8 oz. small cut green beans shopping list
- * 1 packet of Sazon seasoning with achiote (this yellows the rice)(see note below) shopping list
- * 3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil shopping list
- * 2.5 tbsp salt shopping list
- Yellow rice Sofrito shopping list
- * 1/2 diced green pepper shopping list
- * 2 diced green onion stems shopping list
- * 1/2 diced large onion shopping list
- * 1 whole tomato shopping list
- * 4 minced garlic cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Pollo Asado
- In large pot, season chicken with garlic and onion, salt, oregano, cumin.
- Pinch chicken with fork to allow seasoning to sit well.
- Add 1/4 cup of mojo to chicken, stir and let marinate for one hour to 90 minutes.
- In same pot, lightly fry chicken breast in vegetable oil until both sides have browned, for 6-7 minutes.
- Add remainder of mojo and squeeze lemon wedge.
- Bring heat down to medium-low, cover and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- If you find your chicken too dry, you can add 1/2 cup of dry white cooking wine. Steam from pot will create the excess mojo sauce.
- Serves 3
- In rice cooker, add rice and water to pot.
- Add sofrito, mixed vegetables (frozen or fresh), packet of Sazon seasoning, salt, and oil.
- Stir and click on cook! Should be done in about 20 minutes.
- When cooker chimes, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fork and comb through rice, lifting the grain.
- Allow to sit for another 5 minutes. Yields enough for 7.
- In light oil, sautee onion, garlic, green onion (scallion) green pepper and tomato on medium heat, allowing onions to cook down.
The Cookflanboyanteats Atlanta
- Not added to any groups yet!