Buckeye CandiesFrom daisey11 9 years ago
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, (not all-natural) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups (16-oz. box) powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-sweet chocolate Morsels shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening shopping list
How to make it
- LINE baking sheets with wax paper.
- BEAT peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together and is moistened. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.
- MELT morsels and shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- DIP peanut butter centers into melted chocolate using a toothpick, leaving a small portion of the center uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate and scrape bottom of candy on side of bowl. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store in covered container in refrigerator.