Garlicky Chicken And White Bean StewFrom conner909 6 years ago
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. peeled red potatoes, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 – (32 oz.) container chicken broth (4 cups) shopping list
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken shopping list
- 2 (15 ½ oz.) cans small white beans, rinsed shopping list
- 5 oz. arugula shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium
- heat until cooked but not crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pull the meat off the rotisserie chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Add the chicken meat and white beans to the stew and cook until heated through.
- Just before serving, add arugula and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- I add at least 2 more garlic cloves, and add a few arugula leaves
- to the individual bowls instead of to the whole stew. I also add a lot more broth as my husband likes this soupy...this is a simple but very good meal! I think it serves more like 6 than 4 people.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating4 people
Tink sent this to me so I am going to have to try it out soon! She has great taste in recipes and all of my respect!!bostyn in San Diego loved it
Mmmmmmm now im hungry and its way to late to eat but ive been drooling over all these recipes of yours lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Ok i got to finally eat this at the cooks house !! micheles........lol and she served this with salad and hot rolls and of course bread pudding with whiskey cream sauce i loved it !!!yummy isnt the word for his it is absolutely delicious i ate 2 bow...moreminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!