Chocolate Chip Popcorn BarsFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® Create 'n Bake® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies shopping list
- 4 Nature Valley® oats 'n honey crunchy granola bars (2 pouches from 8.9-oz box), crushed* shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 1 bag (3.5 oz) Pop•Secret® butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped shopping list
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed granola bars. Press evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown.
- 2. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- 3. Remove and discard unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. In 3-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in popcorn (mixture will be thick). Spoon over marshmallows; spread evenly to just barely cover marshmallows. Cool 30 minutes.
- 4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring once halfway through microwaving. Pour melted chocolate into quart-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- *To easily crush granola bars, do not unwrap. Use rolling pin to crush bars.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!