Chicken Artichoke And Lemon SoupFrom chihuahua 9 years ago
- 5 C chicken broth (Homemade or canned) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- 1/3 C rice shopping list
- 3 eggs Yolks shopping list
- 3 3/4 Tbl. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 can artichoke hearts (not marinated), chopped shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- Dash of cayenne pepper shopping list
- lemon slices and chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Bring chicken stock to a boil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice and cook until almost tender, about ten minutes. Reduce heat to lowest possible temperature.
- In a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, beat egg yolks and lemon juice until frothy.
- Pour about a cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Pour egg mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup begins to thicken, about 3 minutes. (Do not let the soup come to a simmer, or it may curdle.)
- Add artichokes, garlic powder to taste and a dash of cayenne.
- Garnish with a thin lemon slice and parsley.