Angel Hair with Balsamic TomatoesFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 5 to 6 roma tomatoes, chopped, (28−ounce. can plum tomatoes) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2 Pound angel hair pasta, (uncooked) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the garlic in olive oil until lightly browned. Do this in a skillet
- large enough to hold the tomatoes later. Leave garlic in skillet.
- Place tomatoes, salt & pepper, basil and balsamic vinegar in a non−reactive
- bowl and set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil water for pasta.
- Just before you put the pasta in the water, drain tomatoes and reserve the
- juice that runs off. (I usually set my colander on a dinner plate). Put the
- angel hair pasta in the water to cook for the recommended amount of time.
- Heat your garlic skillet and toss drained tomatoes briefly JUST to heat.
- They should retain their shape. The pasta should finish cooking (usually no
- more than 5 minutes for angel hair) at the same time the tomatoes are ready.
- Toss the pasta and tomato mixture together and serve with freshly grated
- parmesan cheese.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
Love angel hair spagehitti so tender and this is a delicous recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
One question? What do you do with the drained reserved tomato juice? You say to reserve it, then you say to put the pasta in the water to cook. Do you add tomato juice to pasta water?kimbersierra in Rockledge loved it