Aunties Sugar CookiesFrom chacha 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter or margarine -softened (2 sticks) shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. brandy or vanilla shopping list
- 3-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- Chopped nuts and raisins or -1 egg white coarse sugar colored with - blue food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Then mix in the eggs brandy salt vanilla and flour.
- Let rest for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- You can use cookie cutters or a knife to cut cookies out in any shape you want.
- Place gently on baking sheet.
- Then either brush with egg yolk or sprinkle with nuts / raisins / brush with egg white and sprinkle with blue sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Use a metal spatula to gently remove each cookie from the baking sheet to a cooling rack or flat plate.
- Makes 48 Cookies