Creamy Quinoa Mushroom RisottoFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 14 boiling water shopping list
- 3 1/4 tsp mixed dried mushrooms shopping list
- 4 1/4 c. chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 c. white closed cup mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 c. brown closed cup mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3/4 c. quinoa shopping list
- 3/4 c. risotto rice shopping list
- 1/4 c. dry white wine (the alcohol evaporates during cooking) shopping list
- 1 c . freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, snipped shopping list
How to make it
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl, cover with the boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Then drain – reserving the liquid - and chop the mushrooms.
- Place the chicken stock in a large pan, add the dried mushroom liquid and slowly bring to the boil. Leave on a gentle simmer.
- Heat half the oil in a large pan, add the mushrooms and sauté over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped dried mushrooms, garlic, quinoa and rice, and stir for 30 seconds. Add the wine and gently simmer, stirring until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of the hot stock to the rice mixture and cook, stirring until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat until the rice is tender and the stock has all been used (about 15-20 minutes).
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Instead of rice try barley, I make this in my restaurant when I have Special events. add a little extra cheese and lay out on a bake sheet, Chill and cut into rounds or cakes. When it is time to serve just heat a pan with a little olive oil or p...moretlbnitz in Calgary loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!