Crock Pot SauerbratenFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions (2 medium) shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 dried bay leaves (1 large one works) shopping list
- 6 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (12 oz.) shopping list
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onions, broth, vinegar and bay leaves.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, cook noodles as directed on package.
- Remove bay leaves from beef mixture.
- Stir in crushed cookies and brown sugar.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 15 minutes longer or until mixture is bubbly and thickened.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles, sprinkle with parsley.