Asparagus Crepes with Cheese SauceFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 32 stalks asparagus shopping list
- 16 crepes shopping list
- Cheese sauce: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Wash asparagus in cold water then break stalks down as far as they are tender.
- Discard tough portions.
- Cut stalks in half and cook in 1/2” boiling salted water until crisp-tender about 10 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Melt butter and flour together stirring constantly.
- When thick add seasonings.
- Slowly add milk stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add cheese and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Arrange 4 half stalks of cooked asparagus in center of each crepe.
- Fold sides over middle.
- Put in butter shallow baking pan.
- Pour cheese sauce over and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!