Green Beans With Sour Cream Onion SauceFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 C thinly sliced onions shopping list
- 1 1/4 C fat-skimmed chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 C dry or cream sherry shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 C sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 2 pounds green beans, stem ends trimmed, rinsed shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10-to12-inch frying pan over high heat, frequently stir onions, 1 C broth and sherry until liquid is evaporated and onions begin to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 C broth. Add sour cream and thyme; mix well. Add to onion mixture and scrape browned bits free from bottom of pan; stir until sauce boils. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a 5-to6-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add beans and cook until tender crisp to bite, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Put beans in a bowl and pour onion sauce over them.
- Add salt to taste.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!