KFC Gravy - CopycatFrom nocturnalife 8 years ago
How to make it
- First make a roux by combining the oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Heat the mixture for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until it is a dark chocolate color.
- Remove the roux from the heat, stir in the rest of the flour, and add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan; mix well.
- Put the saucepan back over the heat, turn it up to medium and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until thick.
- Makes about 3 cups.