Omg Italian Sausage And Potato SoupFrom thepiggs 8 years ago
- 1 Cup spicy italian sausage links shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into ¼" slices shopping list
- ¾ Cup onions, diced shopping list
- 6 slices bacon shopping list
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 Cup kale leaves, cut in half, then sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chicken base shopping list
- 1 qt. water shopping list
- ⅓ Cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Place sausage links onto a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until done; cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into ½ inch slices.
- Place onions and bacon in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
- Remove bacon and crumble.
- Add garlic to the onions and cook an additional 1-minute.
- Add chicken base, water, and potatoes, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and cream.
- Simmer 4 minutes and serve.
- Optional: You may wish to add a half teaspoon of fennel seed to this.
- Makes 8
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating7 people
I love this recipe. I use fresh spinach, and just a tiny, tiny pinch of oregano. I add a little Parmesan cheese to the bowl before serving. Delicious!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it