Lemon-Ginger Chicken Stir-FryFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. canola oil shopping list
- 3/4 C thinly sliced onion shopping list
- 2 Tbl. minced peeled fresh ginger, divided shopping list
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil shopping list
- 2 C julienne-cut yellow squash shopping list
- 1 C red bell pepper strips shopping list
- 1 Tbl. minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 3 Tbl. honey shopping list
- 3 Tbl. low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbl. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbl. water shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the chicken with black pepper.
- Heat the canola oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, and 1 Tbl. ginger, and stir-fry 4 minutes. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Heat sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add squash and bell pepper, stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Combine 1 Tbl. minced ginger, lemon rind, and the next 6 ingredients (lemon rind through cornstarch) in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken and honey mixture to pan, and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until chicken is done.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
Love stir fry! great post.invisiblechef in loved it
Made this for dinner tonight - simple and tasty. Only had one yellow squash so substituted a julienned zuchini. Sprinkled a fresh finely diced cherry pepper from our garden over the top to add color and a little heat. So yummy AND healthy, except ...morePoubelle in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!