Grilled Baby Back Pork Ribs with Mustard-Bourbon SauceFrom conner909 7 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups chopped white onions shopping list
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1 cup tomato paste (about 9 ounces) shopping list
- 1 cup whole grain Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- ½ cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- ½ cup apple juice shopping list
- 1 large dried ancho chili, stemmed, seeded shopping list
- and cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 ½ cups bourbon shopping list
- **** shopping list
- spice Rub and Ribs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 6 pounds baby back pork ribs shopping list
- (about 3 whole racks) shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for sauce:
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add green onions, white onions and garlic and
- sauté until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients, adding bourbon last.
- Simmer sauce until thick and reduced to 7 cups, stirring
- occasionally, about 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 2 weeks ahead. ( Cover and refrigerate.)
- Directions for spice rub and ribs:
- Mix all ingredients except ribs in medium bowl.
- Rub spice mixture over both sides of rib racks.
- Arrange ribs on large baking sheet.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Cut rib racks into 4-to 6-rib sections.
- Arrange ribs on barbecue.
- Grill until meat is tender, occasionally turning ribs
- with tongs, about 40 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer ribs to work surface.
- Cut rib sections between bones into individual ribs.
- Arrange on clean baking sheet.
- Transfer 3 cups sauce to small bowl.
- Place remaining sauce in small saucepan and reserve.
- Brush ribs with sauce from bowl.
- Return ribs to barbecue.
- Place pan of reserved sauce at edge of barbecue to rewarm.
- Grill ribs until brown and crisp on edges, brushing with more sauce from bowl and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Serve ribs with warm sauce.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating2 people
I'm preparing the rub tonight, connor, and grilling the ribs tomorrow - I haven't made ribs at home for years because I'm always so disappointed in the flavor and tenderness...however, your recipe has inspired me to try again, so wish me luck! The r...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Oh my, oh my - you will love these people! Fantastic rub, and to-die-for sauce (I could just eat it with a spoon!)...thank you, connor, for posting this - I FINALLY made ribs I could be proud of (but getting that membrane off took me FOREVER - I obv...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
OH WOW!! I just BET these are good -- look at all those flavours going on!! Not too much work for me (drool...) Thanks, Conner :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it