Slow Cooked Shredded Italian RoastFrom bemontgomery 6 years ago
- 1 rump roast shopping list
- 1 can beer shopping list
- 1 onion (diced small) shopping list
- 1 can (12 oz) peppercinis (diced small) shopping list
- 1 or 2 packets Italian dressing mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers (optional) shopping list
- mozzarella cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pour beer into your crock pot and mix in the italian dressing mix. Use one or two packets, depending on the size of your roast and how flavorful you want the meal. Mix.
- Add crushed red peppers, if desired. Add more for a more spicy taste.
- Add 1/2 of the onion and peppercinis, along with the peppercini juices from the can.
- Put the roast in the crock pot and add the remaining onion and peppercinis on top.
- Slow cook 8 - 10 hours, until meat seperates from bone well.
- Remove meat from pot, cool, and shredd.
- Replace meat in crockpot and cook 1/2 hour - 2 hours. Stir occasionally to mix onions, peppercinis, and other ingredients into the meat.
- Remove meet, onions, peppercinis, and part of juice. Serve on buns or hoagies. Top with Mozzarella while hot, so it melts on top.
- Remaining portions can be sealed in a freezer zip lock bag and stored for 3 months in a regular freezer or 6 months in a deep freeze for a quick meal later. Just heat in the microwave.