stewed pork ribs with fennel and tomatoFrom mbe 9 years ago
- 1 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 lb pork ribs, cut to the size of your choice shopping list
- 1 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed dried chillies shopping list
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 piece of lemon peel (use a vegetable peeler) shopping list
- 1 small can of tomatoes (approx 400gm) shopping list
- 400 ml water or stock shopping list
- salt and sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium high and fry the pork ribs until beginning to colour.
- Add the fennel, chillies, black pepper and stir to coat.
- Add the onions and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and beginning to colour, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, lemon peel, tomatoes, and water along with a healthy pinch of salt and sugar.
- Cover loosely and allow to stew until the meat is tender, about 1 ½ hours.
- Uncover and allow the sauce to reduce until nicely thick.
- Correct the seasonings.
- Serve with pasta or however you see fit.