Baked Potato SoupFrom rrobby 7 years ago
- 3 Tblsp. butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 Tblsp. flour shopping list
- 3 C. whole milk shopping list
- 4 baked potatoes, quartered and cut up into bite size pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 C. sour cream shopping list
- 1 C. grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 C. green onion tops shopping list
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter or oil in sauce pan and add diced onion. Saute until clear. Don't let the onions brown.
- Stir in flour to make a roux. Cook for a couple of min. but don't brown the roux.
- Add milk and slowly and bring to a boil to thicken slightly
- Add potatoes and check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper but remember, the cheese is salty.
- Add sour cream and blend well
- Add cheese and onion tops
- Reduce heat and serve when the cheese has melted
- Sprinkle with bacon bits to serve