Faux Chicken Corn SoupFrom uhannigan 7 years ago
- 3 Cups fake chicken broth (or vegetable broth if chicken isn't on hand); add more broth or water if needed shopping list
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken-style meat substitute, shredded (I used Veat) shopping list
- 12 oz. whole corn shopping list
- 12 oz creamed corn shopping list
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced shopping list
- 1-2 TB butter shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place all ingredients except egg and butter in a medium to large sauce or saute pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced eggs and butter, and return to a simmer.
- Simmer 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve or cool before refrigerating.
- Note - Not adaptable for vegans because the eggs play a major role in the taste, but it's easy to adapt it for carnivores--just use real chicken and chicken broth. Everything else is the same.