Fried Mozzarella NuggetsFrom cher3231 8 years ago
- 8 oz. string cheese sticks or regular mozzarella, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- light olive oil, for frying shopping list
- Marinara, for dipping (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut cheese sticks into thirds or mozzarella into 1" x 1" chunks.
- Place flour on plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg in bowl.
- Place crumbs on plate.
- Roll cheese chunks in flour to coat.
- Dip cheese into egg and roll in crumbs.
- Arrange on baking sheet. Let stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Pour oil into skillet to 1" depth. Heat over medium-high heat.
- When hot, carefully lower cheese into oil and fry until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from oil and drain on wire racks. (Paper towels will stick to cheese.)
- Serve with marinara or other sauce of your choice.
The Cookcher3231 Denham Springs, LA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!