Chocolate Chip SconesFrom sunny 7 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, cold cubes shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup Cream + a little more if the mix is too dry shopping list
- 1 cup light and dark chocolate chunks mixed. (I use Valrhona chocolate.) shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten - for wash shopping list
How to make it
- Sift all the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Then cut the cold butter into cubes and mix into the dry ingredients with your hands. Mix until the butter is about pea size balls. Add the eggs one at a time and mix them in thoroughly. Then add the cream and chocolate and mix well. The dough will be wet.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray to make sure the scones will not stick. Shape the dough into a large disc and pat it out to about 1/2 thick and score it into 6 or 8 pieces.
- Egg wash over the scones and bake at 375 F for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and baked through. Remove the scones from the oven and let cool. When cool, cut where you scored it, serve and enjoy.