Baked Lemon-garlic Chicken With Bell PeppersFrom chihuahua 9 years ago
- Sauce: shopping list
- 3/4 fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons) shopping list
- 3/4 C fat-free Italian dressing shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- Chicken: shopping list
- 2 C 1/4-inch red bell pepper strips shopping list
- 1 C (1/4-inch) green bell pepper strips shopping list
- 1 C (1/4-inch) yellow bell pepper strips shopping list
- 3 chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 3 chicken leg Quarters (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 12 (1/8-inch-thick) slices lemon (about 1 lemon) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare the sauce, combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cover and chill 1/2 C sauce.
- To prepare the chicken, combine remaining 1 C sauce, bell peppers, and chicken in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Cover chicken mixture, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from bowl, and discard the sauce.
- Loosen the skin from the breast halves and leg quarters by inserting fingers, gently pushing between the skin and meat. Insert 2 lemon slices under loosened skin of each chicken piece.
- Place the chicken pieces, loosened skin sides up, on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread the bell peppers on broiler pan around chicken.
- Bake at 400 for 50 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the skin from the chicken.
- Arrange chicken and bell peppers on a platter, and keep warm.
- Place 1/2 C chilled sauce in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until warm.
- Pour warm sauce over baked chicken and bell peppers.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!