Fried Perch FishFrom betty_boop 9 years ago
- Large black pot to fry in. shopping list
- outside burner shopping list
- hog lard ( enough to fill half way of your pot.) shopping list
- 3 large brown paper bag shopping list
- paper towels shopping list
- 1 bag self-risen corn meal shopping list
- salt to your taste shopping list
- pepper to your taste shopping list
- 36 whole perch (fish) shopping list
How to make it
- Take off heads and scales an inside guts of fish and wash them with warm water to clean them .
- sprinkle salt and pepper onto them.
- Place black pot onto burner
- pour hog lard into pot
- turn on burner let this get hot ( away to tell if oil is hot get a large white tip kitchen match and throw it in ..if it lights up for a second then goes out ...it is ready for frying)
- Now you are ready to fry..
- Take one of your brown paper bags
- pour some of the bag of corn meal into the the brown paper bag with salt and pepper
- then add a few of the fish at a time .
- close bag and shake this will coat the fish
- now take one at a time and place into hot oil do not over load your pot with fish put just a few at a time around 5 to 6.
- let them cook until brown or another way if the fish start to float it is time to take them out.
- While the fish is frying
- take the other 2 brown paper bags and place one into the other for thickness.....place some of the paper towels inside of the bag. to help absorb the oil from the fish.
- After fish is cooked place fish inside the bag onto the paper towels and close bag.
- this will keep them warm until all the fish is fried. repeat the paper towels in between each frying of fish.
- This can be served with a salad or french fries.....